Portal for Social investment in Latin America
We convert us to promote social investment
PILAS means Portal for Social investment in Latin America. We have changed our name from HelpArgentina to work to promote social investment in solid organizations of civil society in Latin America. After 15 years or promoting Argentina's ngos, we believe we can become an efficient tool to reach all of Latin American Civil Society. We do this through strategic alliances with local partners in each country.
- We are an effective tool to mobilize resources for organizations of civil society in Latin America
- We can act as a fiscal agent in the United States.
- We can make a donation from the United States. To its ngo without any problems.
- American taxpayers providing your tax deductible receipt for your donation.
- We have a process of due diligence which guarantees a good fiscal management and transparency.
PILAS is your transparent and secure portal to invest in Latin America’s social sector.
We have been working with donors for 15 years, helping them reach more than 100 CSOs in Argentina.
- By partnering with a diverse range of charitable organizations, we assure that donors can support the causes that matter to them - from education to hunger
- We provide information and advice that help both individuals and institutions identify the organizations and causes that align with their interests – our website provides detailed information about our member organizations and offers a secure, easy to use platform for online donations.
- We offer customized services to help you make the most of your giving - tell us what you want to support and we will identify options, facilitate the donation, monitor progress and report the results.
- We evaluate organizations proposed by donors in order to confirm that they are eligible to receive donations from the United States.
Portal for Investment in the Latin American Social Sector (“PILAS”) is a U.S. 501(c)(3) exempt organization under the regulations of the Internal Revenue Service. All contributions to PILAS are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. You can access PILAS’s latest annual report from our website.
PILAS maintains “variance power” over funds donated to us in support of all programs operated by our beneficiary organizations under our umbrella. Under the terms of our agreement with each beneficiary organization, PILAS retains full discretion and control over the use of such funds to accomplish the charitable purposes of the approved programs of the beneficiary organization as determined by our board of directors. This power includes the unilateral right to redirect funds any other organization that can accomplish these charitable purposes, if for some reason the beneficiary organization cannot or the board of directors determines it is appropriate to do so.
While PILAS conducts due diligence on our beneficiary organizations and follows procedure to monitor the use of donated funds and reduce the risk of misuse, PILAS makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind concerning the use of funds granted by PILAS to beneficiary organizations including without limitation that the beneficiary organizations will use such funds in the contemplated manner or that the charitable goals will be met, PILAS expressly disclaims any liability arising from the disbursement of funds to beneficiary organizations.